Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Been through all four classes of this term... and I don't particularly detest any course or professor... only sore point being the schedule... we have classes on Friday and workshops for ELP on Sunday...
In class discussion in Government Business and Society the topic of the 'tarai' region came up... and ever since I've been thinking of all the summer vacations I spent with my grand folks at the farm... climbing the mango trees... going for tractor rides... the slow speed of the ceiling fan when the electricity's gone and there's just a little generator power left... the 'lichi' farm dada dadi... getting soaked near the tubewells... playing in the emptied fish ponds when the seasons over... rides upto Nainital, the candy floss and shooting games... 'keta' and 'keti' who were 'Leela's' children and they lived nearby and came to play with me in the evenings... wonder where they are now... the little earthen oven near the cattle area where the servants used to make their tea... the ever so cute calves ... and the foul looking vet who gave all the cows injections... and for some strange reason I remember a lot of kraft cheese spread for breakfast...
It's funny and strange... how places mean so much and when the people are gone all that is left is memories... It's not half as sad that you lose people who are closest to you... It's sadder still when you forget to remember them as often as you ought to....

1 comment:

simran said...

simran khara...