Friday, January 19, 2007

Flick the switch

Stagnant friend circle
Undeserved airs
Rusted social skills
"I'm really not fussed "- "I don't give a shit" attitude
What am I becoming? And where did this start?
It was a rude alarm this morning - but as I went through my phone book I realised that I have let so many people just drift out of my life... There's friends I called who received my calls after 3 months and genuinely thought that I might be in a bit of a spot.
That's true.
I've never been that one person who you come to for bear hugs and pour out your darkest secrets, there have been times & people who have thought that I'm stuck up only to realise that I'm plain shy - but I have been fortunate to meet people who've stuck by long enough to know me... unfortunately as you grow up - people don't have the luxury of time and soon you find yourself in the 'spot'.
Now this is not a very nice 'spot'. When you're in this spot - you need to look up the year book to remember your batch mates names, you have a mate's defunct number but he's moved 2 jobs and switched 3 service providers, you read about your friends weddings from the Alumni digests, people don't recognize you coz. you straightened your hair and worst of all the 'On the rebound hottie' can't find your number coz. you never sent out those welcome spam mails...
I know its not all that complicated - I need to flick the switch but its going to take some effort. I'm sure today is going to be a disaster, but I'll be plugging away...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it girl.Most times taking that first step is the hardest.Not so much for the effort but for the consequence.My take is you wont ever know unless you make the effort.

Have a nice weekend.

Gurdeepak said...

Make Peace not noise
Take a Walk not a car
Shake a Leg not a tree
Bake in Sun not in oven.

Simple is better!

Suresh S Murthy said...

it seems as though u wanna get back to what u loved the most! I suppose @ some point of time, we all feel how wonderful it would be if our lives weren't that sophisticated and complex as to keep us away from our friends and those with whom we shared our childhood or probably ur college life. I think u made the right decision to flick the switch! Just go for it!!!