After a two weeks of self doubt... I had my day. Things seem to be falling in place and making sense after all...
I guess a few of the biggest takeaways this fortnight have been...
You are as good as they say
You are better than you think
Some people will never be happy with you....
Some people will never be happy with you.... and it really doesn't matter
Your health is your only durable asset
A smile still wins hearts
A coffee can bridge gaps
When you need help ask for it... there are people who would love to walk besides you...
and
last and most important of all...
the power of good cheer is the greatest of them all...
my grandfather was diagnosed with 4th stage lung cancer three months ago... the doctors were very skeptical about him being able to withstand chemotherapy and doubted if it would have any benefit given his stage... nevertheless we started the treatment and after 8 cycles of therapy topped with all our family's love and my mother's unwaivering belief that we will fight this... his disease is not cured and perhaps never will be, but it is in regression and God's given us precious time with one of the most wonderful person's I have ever know....

3 comments:
I pray
and say
Its dark
not day
They tell
in hell
You'll find
a way
I cry
yet try
With wind
I sway
And soon,
This fight
with might
I learn
to play..
Great to hear your grandfather is recouping from such a serious ailment...sure, faith is the most potent cure.
Hope all else is fine in life and at work. Fully concur when you extol the virtues of the smile. You definitely had an electric one. One smile is worth a thousand soothing words, isn't it? :-)
-VK.
SK, what's happening on other days of the week? :)
Post a Comment