Saturday, July 22, 2006

Smells like home

After two weeks I finally decided to fly back home.... but when you stay in New Delhi, getting home involves circling over the airport for over an hour waiting for congestion to clear up, sitting in the middle seat of one man who either snores or calls for the air hostess and a lady who occupies more than what she paid for and extended waits at the tarmac for the coach to come again...
But curling up in bed with the familiar smell of home in the sheets and you know its worth it...
Have an agenda-less weekend... and barring meeting some of my cousins and perhaps a school friend over some ice-tea I really do plan to relax and tie up loose ends of work...
Come to think of it, life has never been so chaotic.... and if it wasn't for this chaos I don't know how I would manage...

3 comments:

Gurdeepak said...

There is no place like home
No matter; where you roam.

Familiar smells would comfort more
than the leisure of anonymity galore.

Meet over tea, those ol' friends
For that shall tie up some loose ends.

And then this jungle of chaos to handle
Life's sure game: 'tangle and untangle'

Gurdeepak said...

Long time, it is still 'smelling like home'

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having fun :)
After a long time, today, I started catching up on ppl by checking their blogs. Feels great to read so many of us having a good time in life despite all the challenges. good luck!
Btw, if you are on gtalk then let me know your mail id.
-- Yash
yashraj.erande@gmail.com