Monday, June 04, 2007

Mind the 3 mm gap

Sitting in watching Doogie-Howser and stuffing myself with gelato - I was pretty sure that all the doc. would say is watch your posture, do some exercises. Posture change and exercise done - all would be good. Dancing on saturday, rafting on 16th and driving classes daily.
Then the reports came - dessication of discs? loss of lordosis? left neural foramen? thecal sac?. Hours of googling later, terrified and hopeful the visits began.
It turns out posture change and exercise done - dancing by next month, rafting after the monsoons and driving classes after 2 weeks are all workable.
There are only three times in my life I have been so terrified.
Once when I was at Rockland and saw my grand-dad after his diagnosis
A few months later when I was at Max and met dad after his stroke
Now when I was at the clinic and had the MRIs against the lit screen
Can't help but feel that I am so underprepared for 'real' life... flap at the mention...
Comforted that there's a guardian angel watching...

2 comments:

adi said...

Simran,
Nice to see you enjoying the summer in India... Intriguing blog you have up here.
It's great to hear an old classmate doing so well in life...

simran said...

hey adi
sorry i can't place you?
vv?