Friday, April 14, 2006

Fantasia ~ Bonbini Aruba

My posts are long overdue… life has been simply amazing for the past 2 weeks… Inebriated in Goa… Poignant in Gachibowli… Welcomed in Delhi and now the gluttony in City Beautiful…

I had promised a few friends a day by day post of my holiday… but I think I’ll refrain from that and just focus on a few of my best memories…

So 2nd of April… after 3 hours of packing and 3 weeks of shopping for the perfect tankini (assiduously google image searched by fellow inebriated betelguese citizen) the nine of us were on our way to the airport… on a scheduled “Is everything okay?” check by our citizen… we are informed that the bass is too much… controls adjusted… life, the universe and everything is under control… or so we think…

The airport beckons and so does the ATR… some of us have problems with the size of the aircraft... others just want to tell you that the plane flies as the surface area of the wing on top allows air to travel slower than… you nod your head in agreement for the lack of any contrary argument that your non engineering segmentation-target-positioning consultant brain can offer…

It does get more pleasant… after all it was my best holiday ever… and some one promised that the next ones will be even better… so we reach Miss Angelina… we stop en-route at the cabbies house and I see my lil baby under Jesus… and I know that my trip is blessed… I would have to thank Kimosawi for choice of resort… not a bad deal… guess FP is right… you should laugh about these things… else they leave a mark…

Baga, Calangute, Candolim, Sialom, Anjuna… Baga was the best… so I just kept going back… the highlight… ordering the pompfret… running against the waves… losing my sandals… finding them again… running back to the beach some n melon breezers back… and having the best fish in town with a soggy Gandhi… those plastic pouches… oh so handy… and let me stop here… before you think I’m to be reported for obscene content…

Experimenting on the menu… such a wonderful idea… never thought I’d enjoy squids, prawns, pompfret and more fish so much… and the wine… that’s another story… so thank you… and thank you again… and another thanks for the game of pool… and my apologies if you feel a pit in your stomach when you hold a cue stick again… but a lil birdie told me that you got only one shot for that foul… you took two… and missed all the other chances… perhaps…

And how can I forget Tito’s… if you like hip-hop… then go there… do it two nights in a row… it only gets better… and use those coupons… and just when you think its over… there’s November rain… and you can always re-charge with a banoffee… that stuff for 30 bucks… its incriminating to miss it… do that three nights in a row…

And you know what… leave the Lobster and Cabana for the next time… you can always do that at Aguada when you’re not on a student budget… and there’s more than milkshake on your mind…

PS: Chandigarh’s lovely too… I’m currently inculcating a taste for wines… still experimenting… some crabs… some Southern Comfort… got a lunch planned for tomorrow… until then… the MBA signs off


9 comments:

Ford Prefect said...

wow... long post and for the first time , I actually got all of it ...Im glad u had a nice time...
You should laugh about it ... coz come to think about it , it was quite funny ...
And It was a 2 shot foul... Ur li; birdie was too drunk to have noticed it ...

simran said...

ha ha... my birdie noticed all... and u would agree too... no nice movies here... have u seen basic inst 2? any good

Ford Prefect said...

Yeah actually he was noticing a lot , just that I didnt think he was interested in the game. Havent seen Basic inst 2... but Ive seen the trailer and let just say Id rather watch stuff from Server-101...

Anonymous said...

hey sim

Lost ur mosbile number, been to chd but cudnt meet u, Send me ur mobile!

~N

simran said...

That 101 thing I never understood... what was it exactly...

simran said...

Hey N... is that Navneet... I'll mail it to you...
Cheers!
S

Anonymous said...

have u given up on Blogging ??
Dont tell me u have nuthin to tell us about ...

dearbharat said...

Hey... Pretty spontaneous post. but then there are ppl who may not understand the context. Consultants must keep the layman perspective in mind.

Anonymous said...

hey whats after april 14th :D